Interview to Veronica R.
- Can you please describe your day in Malta visiting the hotels in Valletta?
Yesterday we visited tow luxury hotels in the capital Valletta: Phoenicia and Excelsior hotels. The first was very beautiful and modern inside. The staff took us to see what the hotel offers such as the theatre hall, the knights of St John’s room, the dining room and the big garden. In the second hotel, the hotel representative took us to visit all parts of the hotel and they allowed us to take photos next to the pool like in Phoenicia Hotel.
- Did you enjoy these visits and what were the most interesting aspects of this activity for Alternanza Scuola Lavoro?
Yes, I do. I think these visits are important to learn of how an organization like these luxury hotels operate and how the hotel employees tasks are divided. I also think it is useful for us to know more about the world of tourism, particularly for us who like living on an island.
- Please briefly describe your impressions with regards to the Phoenicia Hotel.
The Phoenicia Hotel was very beautiful outside and I admired the big garden, from where we arrived to the pool area; we could have the wonderful scenery of the sea behind the pool. The staff of the hotel was very friendly and nice; the hotel representative told as the history of the hotel. […]
- Please briefly describe your impressions with regards to the Excelsior Hotel.
The Excelsior Hotel was very beautiful inside, especially the stairs in front of the hall with wonderful chandeliers that were hanging from the ceiling. I also admired the Tiki Area, where we could have a beautiful view of the sea. But I didn’t like the outside structure of the building.
- Would you recommend to your friends and relatives to stay at one of the hotels visited, and if yes why?
Yes, I would. I think I recommend the Excelsior Hotel because it offers more activities than Phoenicia Hotel, like Spa and the indoor swimming pool. But I think that the Phoenicia Hotel has the most beautiful and big garden, where you could relax; and it has the excellence of the theatre and of the staff is very nice.
- Do you have any suggestion for the hotels’ management with regards to their services or possible improvements if applicable?
I would suggest the Excelsior Hotel to change the style of the outside and to Phoenicia Hotel to offer more activities.
Via Roma 307
30038 Spinea (VE)