- Can you please describe your day in Malta visiting the hotels in Valletta and St Julian’s?
Of course. On Tuesday, we visited the Hotel Phoenician in Valletta. We were picked up by bus at the Council and brought to Valletta. There at the hotel, we were greeted by our guide, a young man. Firstly, he showed us the breakfast room and the bar. Then we went further in the direction of the garden, on the way, he led us into the ballroom. He told us that in this room up to 600 people can celebrate and that Queen Elizabeth celebrated there in the 50s. This is one reason why the hotel is so popular and why about 50% of guests come from the UK. Then we went to the garden there he showed us the pool area told us that the hotel has 481 rooms and the cheapest room costs about 500 euros whereas the most expensive costs 1400 euros.
On Thursday we visited a second hotel: the Intercontinental. We were picked up and taken by bus to St. Julians and greeted there by the guide who showed us the dining rooms and, after we had seen all the ground floor, we took the elevator to the 10th floor to see the first pool. Afterwards we went to the more expensive floors to enjoy the view from the rooftop area. There was another pool and a bar there, we were allowed to take pictures while the half of the group visited the most expensive suit in the whole hotel.
- Did you enjoy these visits and what were the most interesting aspects of this activity for your Erasmus+ Programme?
Yes, I found these visits very interesting and I liked both hotels very much. One of the most interesting things I have experienced was the different costs for the different rooms in the different hotels. Just as interesting I found that we could compare the two hotels after the two guided tours.
- Please briefly describe your impressions with regards to the Phoenicia Hotel.
My impression of the Phoenician Hotel was very good but in my opinion the Phoenician Hotel is more for princesses and travel agents.
- Please briefly describe your impressions with regards to the InterContinental Hotel.
My impression of the Hotel was very good but in my opinion the Intercontinental is for modern people and for business people.
- Would you recommend to your friend and relatives to stay at one of the hotels visited and if yes why?
Yes I would recommend it to some wealthy friends. It costs a lot but for that the offer and the location is also very good.
- Do you have any suggestion for the hotels’ management with regards to their services or possible improvements if applicable?
The only suggestions would be to reduce the prices but at a Five Stars Hotels they are understandable. The second suggestion would be to renew the front sice of the building.
In cooperation with
Stepin GmbH · Beethovenallee 21 · 53173 Bonn
Amtsgericht Bonn · HRB 8736 – Germany